5 Ways to Help Prevent Kids Tooth Decay!
- Eat healthy! and be sure to drink fluoridated water.
- Don’t share utensils with your child or “clean” their pacifier by putting it into their mouth. You can transfer cavity – causing germs to your child.
- Take your child to their 1st dental visit, no later than their 1st birthday.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste! As soon as the teeth come through the gums, a fluoride toothpaste is recommended. Remember: brush for 2 minutes, for 2 times daily!
- When your child is the proper age, be sure to ask your pediatric dentist about applying sealants to the chewing surfaces of the teeth!
Be sure to contact our office if you have any questions regarding preventing tooth decay! One of our team members would be happy to help!